Ordered new trailer, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by PLS-Tx, Feb 2, 2006.

1. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Pace Cargosport 8.5x20

2 fuel doors
    bulldog coupler
    54" extended tounge
    6 D-rings
    LED lights
    3/4 kickplate
    treated floor & ramp
    36" side door
    stoneguard
    2 side flow thru vents
    2 roof vents
    dome lights
    spare tire and mount

2. BladeRunner1967

BladeRunner1967 LawnSite Member

Looks great!!!

3. PLS-Tx

from Texas

Thanks, I can't wait to pick it up, It should be ready 1st week or March.

4. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

So did you go with the 7,000 or 10,000 GVW? Does it have a beavertail?

I think the only thing I would have changed is the side door. I prefer a 48".

Just curious what you had to give for it. PM me if you would like.

5. PLS-Tx

from Texas

I got the 10,000 GVW, no beavertail.

I did think about a 48" side door, thats what the Haulmark had that I was going to get, I hope the 36" works O.K.

It was $7700 + TTL.

6. PLS-Tx

from Texas

I just got a fax from another dealer I had got a quote from in Waco Tx., Waco is about 275 miles from here. He said he would take off $500, and he would deliver the trailer.

His trailer would be $114 less than the one I posted earlier, and it has more options. It has rear corner drop-down jacks, ATP on the ramp flap, heavy duty reinforced front end.

I just thought this was interesting, I probably would have done it if I would not have told the other dealer I was going to buy from him today.

What would you do?

7. foggyjr5

foggyjr5 LawnSite Member

Go back and talk to th origional guy, and tell him you found a better deal, then see what he says. If he really wants your business he will re-counter that deal. If not just go for the better one.

8. Eclipse

Did you give him a deposit? If not I wouldn't worry about it, just give him a call and tell him the situation. Maybe he will come down in price.

9. PLS-Tx

from Texas

No, I did not give a deposit, he said that was not required. I'm financing it thru my credit union, and I told him to send them the buyers order. I don't think I could tell him I'm not going to buy it from him after all the work he has put into this.

Don't think I'm not tempted though. I'm also concerned about warranty work, I'm not going to drive to Waco, and I sure won't be able to take it to the local dealer after backing out.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

10. Eclipse

I would then let him know about your other offer and that even though you appreciated the time he has put into this deal you are considering purchasing the trailer elsewhere because the price is so much better. Be upfront with him about the price and tell him you want to give him your business but you have to look out for your best interest too, and money being one of them. If you approach it in the right way, I am sure he would be willing to sell the trailer for less money.