1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ordered our 2nd Z-Spray!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by br549oicu8, Aug 26, 2008.

1. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a new Z-Spray max last year right after the show in Louisville. It has proven to be an excellent investment.
    Now that we have seen what a money maker it has been, I decided to order a 2nd unit. I ordered the Junior and opted for the extra liquid tanks instead of the compartments to haul extra granular fertilizer.
    I'll post pics of both once it gets here!!

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats on the new baby!

Glad to see that you are weathering the 300+ percent increace in fertilizer prices. I haven't even CALLED about fall app prices yet, I'm too afraid. I have a feeling I'm not going to be doing much fertilizer next year.
  3. Real Green

Real Green LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on the new purchase! It's a great feeling when you find the right equipment that works for your needs. Enjoy and take care!
  4. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

What did you have to pay for the Junior? How many more gallons does it hold with the extra tanks?
  5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

each extra rear tank hold 7 gal. i think we paid about 8200 for it, but my dad would know better since he paid for it.haha. so the junior had 18 gal tank to start and we added 14 more. i think it will be better this way.
  6. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I am sorry to be a bother, but how does that compare price-wise to an Intermediate Z?
  7. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

The intermediate is a little more expensive. The big thing is the width. The Junior is about 4-6 inches narrower. We needed something a little smaller to compliment our Max.
    The intermediate has a 200 pound hopper over the 100 that the junior has. It isn't that big of a deal to us between those 2 as we already have thet 200 capability with the max.
    We should get the unit either Friday or next Tuesday.
    I'll be sure to post some side by side pics!
  8. ZSpray Info

ZSpray Info Inactive

Sorry, we couldn't get your machine out today, it will ship tomorrow. Here it is hot off the press. It can spray 96,000 sq feet with the 1/3 gallon per 1000 sq ft. Has the ability to hold separately 3 different products. 100' of hose on the Cox hose reel. We think you will be very happy. We enjoy customizing our machines to our customers needs.

3Tanks 001.jpg

3Tanks 002.jpg

3Tanks 003.jpg

3Tanks 004.jpg
  9. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

my jr doesn't have th fold out booms on it....is that b/c mine is the 36" or did you add those to it?

i am just joe home onwer and i love my jr its great...when i need help you guys have been there to help me...
  10. ZSpray Info

ZSpray Info Inactive

Yes, on the Jr36 we have to use a 2 Turbo flood jet tip to spray 8', so no boom. The regular Junior uses 4 Air Injected tips that have to have 20" spacing between them, which makes the front of the machine 40" wide.