Ordered Z-Spray

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by robertsturf, Dec 29, 2010.

1. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

After alot of research, demoing and getting a lot of advise both pro and con we decided to order a Indermediate Z-Spray. We ordered it with 100' of hose on the real and 1-7 gal aux tank. I am also having them make holes in the platform area to bolt my bracket for the tow-behind aerator I use. They are also going to mount the toggle switch on the dash-board area for a clean look. I must say dealing with Andy and the others at their company has been a pleasure and am looking forward to picking it up. We are going to meet them in Des Moine, Iowa the week of the 11th to save the shipping charge. I hope they will post pictures as it is built. I will be sure and post more pics when I pick it up. As a side note I will be selling my Perma Green once this one is in service. We did demo 2 different models of the Z and the T and decided for our purposes the Z is better. I am not saying the T doesn't have it's place just not for us.
  2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Very good people and products at Z-spray. I Went in to talk to Andy a couple weeks ago. I didn't realize he use to live just a few house's down from me, and I use to work with Tom back in the early 80s at a LCO that got bought out by TG. I can't decide if I want the junior 36 or the intermediate. the" Z factory" is less than 15 miles from my house!
  3. robertsturf

If you are in the market for a smaller unit the Jr is fine, it just doesn't hold the hills as well. The width of the Intermediate is what was the deciding factor and how much product it holds overall. 200 dry and 18gal liquid. A big upgrade from our Perma. Either way they are great machines!
  4. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

robertsturf, I'd sure like to see apicture of your Z and how you rig up that tow behind aerator as soon as you are able to show them. I've thought about trying to do the same thing with my Jr. but was unsure about how to go about it or how well it would work with a zero turn pulling it. This would be something I have never attempted. Anyway, I'd sure like to see some pics when you can show them.
  5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

congrats, i knew it would not be long after checking ours out that you would be buying one. tax credits??!!!
  6. robertsturf

That is one idea!!!
  7. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Curious about the aerator hook up cant wait to see pictures !! Congrats you will love it.Make sure to get the flood nozzle also.
  8. Service 1st Lawn Care

Service 1st Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on your purchase of the BEST machine for your situation. Z's are awesome :clapping:
  9. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

I've thought about pulling an aerator but never went any farther with the idea.
    I am curious how this will work also.
    I was always worried about stepping off the machine and getting ran over by the aerator....but wait.....the Z will stop on its own when you release the controls.
  10. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Same here. But like you said I think it will stop fast with the tines in the ground.Cant wait for pictures.