Ordering Aftermarket Parts.......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1MajorTom, Mar 26, 2005.

1. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

When placing an order by telephone, do you feel these large mail order part warehouses will do whatever it takes to get your business... even going as far as knowingly sending you the wrong parts just to fill the order. It recently happened to me, and out of 16 items ordered, 12 were wrong. I matched my eXmark part number to their eXmark part number when placing the order, so I don't think there should be any excuse for these errors.
    If they don't have it in stock, they should just say it. The parts consisted of idler pulleys, handle grips, springs, and a front yoke all wrong.
    I think they think that I won't go thru the hassle of sending this stuff back and pay the shipping.
    Does this happen to anyone else or just to me?

Matt

2. Bray

Bray LawnSite Member

You need to get the catalog of the place you order from and use part numbers only. I also ask for the same guy when ordering my parts everytime. I have had one problem and when I called about it they overnited it to me.

3. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Matt,
    If you checked their part #'s for cross reference and they shipped accordingly, then it is a problem on their end. Let them know that they can pay to ship it back - or put a dispute in w/ your credit card company. You will not have to pay for their mistake.

4. 1MajorTom

Yes I matched my eXmark # with their #.

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I think I would have to call and talk to a boss or some one, In my opinion that is way tooooooo many mistakes. I dont know the company, but I think I would be searching for a new company if I didnt get some kind of satisfaction.
    I have dealt with a mail order company from the north east and had 1 problem in 3 years and it wasnt there problem but a vendors problem, they fixed the problem and even emailed me to see if I was satisfied. I will tell ya Im one satisfied customer and I will toot there horn anytime I can. I have found some prices that are cheaper then theres, but the customer service and problem solving means alot too me

6. 1MajorTom

The company is a well known company that has been talked about on here many times. I'm not out to slam and bash anyone, that's why I didn't mention any names. I know my parts, and I was clear on what I wanted to order via cross reference numbers, so I wasn't too happy when I got the order yesterday and saw so many mistakes.

Matt

7. BobcatZT

BobcatZT LawnSite Member

Is it maybe a certain company up in my neck of the woods?:rolleyes:

8. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

That's why you should only buy from sponsors. :angel:
    :p

9. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I do all my catalog ordering from a co. in MI. The time that they sent the wrong item, it was listed wrong in their catalog. I didn't even have to send it back. ($15 item) They sent me the new one. Granted it wasn't 12 parts. Someone on their end messed up big time. You shouldn't have to pay for their mistakes.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I had extra time in the winter and tried an order for the first time. My results were bad also, their part number were not correct for my unit. I also found that my local dealer can get some of these brands like Proline, which I never asked them for in the past.