Ordering blades online...yea or nay?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by b & t lawn care, Jun 7, 2004.

1. b & t lawn care

b & t lawn care LawnSite Member

Hey guys......looking for some info on ordering blades online. For the last five years I've gotten my blades from my supplier but am always looking for ways to save money, espesially with these fuel prices. I recieved an e-mail from MowMore Landscape Supplies and their blades for my Walker & Great Dane are considerably less in cost. My concern is....is the quality less too? Have any one else tried blades from this company or any other online company and are you satisfied or not? :confused:

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Just picked up the UPS box at the door today,nothing to worry about.

3. tazz6584

tazz6584 LawnSite Member

you will save a lot and from what i can tell the quality is the same it is all i have used for the past three years

4. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

I know this response is going to ruffle some feathers BUT. I order blades from Mow More and I see nothing wrong with them. As far as quality, I don't see any difference. The factory blades feel heavier but don't hold an edge better than the aftermarket ones. If you cut something you're not supposed to, It's going to chew up the cutting no matter what the blade costs. Matt

5. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

I just got a shipment of blades from Mow Products,Inc. which th eonly one I can find JD 7-Iron deck blades for so far. Two day service on UPS at my door.

6. b & t lawn care

b & t lawn care LawnSite Member

Thanks for all of the info so far it has been a great help. Matt as for holding an edge thats good to here ,the Walker blades from the dealer are a bit soft....Thank you. Brian

7. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i don't know if its my imagination or not but the blades i ordered from mow-more seem to hold an edge longer than the factory blades i got from my dealer.

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I use blades from mow more also, they seem to be fine

9. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

I have used after market blades before and not been as happy with them. I ordered mine through my dealer so i am not sure where he got them but they are softer by far. ALso, last year i went in with a friend of mine and ordered online. He did the ordering so again i am out of the loop, but when i got my blades they were the right length, wrong sized hole for mounting. So i am zero for two right now. Take that for what it is worth though.

10. northerncalibound

northerncalibound LawnSite Member

well, I bought 3 blades for my ferris 48 from mowtown usa and they were like $22 after shipping. I bought another set from my local dealer and they were $21 installed. I don't see any advantage of buying online with shipping costs.