Ordering Parts.....OEM.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HighGrass, Aug 15, 2005.

1. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I was in the dealer the other day to BUY a couple of items for my LazerHP. 1-insulator boot for the 12V solenoid, and a seat limit bar. Anyway, they were'nt in stock so I aske dif I could just payfor them now and I'll pick them up when they come in. He said, "Well, I don't know how much shipping is." To which I replied, "Huh?" Looks like they are chrging me shipping for OEM parts. Is this normal? (Yes, it is an offical Exmark dealer)

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

They have to get there some how. Its figured in .
    John

3. n1wlc

n1wlc LawnSite Member

How about ordering a part and getting wrong one. Then calling and being told I would have to pay shipping back and the shipping again for the correct part. This happened to me with J-Thomas distributors.

Go figure...

4. HighGrass

from Z5 MA

I know the tooth fairy doesn't bring them. If it's figured in, then why is it if it was in stock, I wouldn't pay for shipping? So because it's out of stock, I become the new customer whipping boy?

5. HighGrass

from Z5 MA

Oh that's even better. That would have frosted my tulip bulbs. Hey .n1wlc...looks like you're only 45 minutes from here!

6. John Gamba

from ct

When its in stock, it came with a larger order, they divide the hole thing.

John

7. HighGrass

from Z5 MA

Okay, that makes sense. Maybe I should have said, "Hey, since these are parts that I don't need right away, order them when you have a boat load to order or 5 weeks whichever comes first."

???

8. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

A good dealer will never charge you shipping. My dealer sells Echo, Shindaiwa, Husky, Toro, Walker and Dixie Chopper. They have orders for each one of these companies several times per week. If I order a part on a monday for my walker, the will place the order tuesday morning for my part and any others they need. If the order $1000 in parts, good for them that day, If it is just my $5.00 part, then it's not such a good day. Point remains, it's a cost of doing business(for them).

Do you charge more per lawn because they are the only one on the street? Same way, do you say OK since three more people on your street signed up this year, your price will drop $10.00/month.

Volume works both ways and it's not the customers advantage/disadvantage.

9. John Gamba

from ct

And when you miss that order deadline??

10. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic