Oregon blade Grinders

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by huntw11871, Jun 11, 2008.

1. huntw11871

huntw11871 LawnSite Member
    from NC

Does anybody have one of there grinders and if so how well does it work. Or if anybody has another brand that they like that is around the same price. I would love any feed back I can get. Thanks

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Ours works very good. We got it from russo power on ebay for $300. Ours has the adjustable wheel where you can move it up and down to change the angle.

[​IMG]

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

we have the largest one they make. i forget the model #, but it has a 12" grinding stone and is 1.5 hp. i love the thing.

4. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

That looks like it works really well

5. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

i got one for my bday two years ago and couldnt do without it...used to do all my blades with a bench grinder...... i wouldnt ever go back haha good investment, one hell of a time saver and a money saver if you dont do em yourself already.....

6. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Im pulling the trigger here very shortly on the $300 oregon model they sell on ebay. I've been paying $21 a few times a week here for the past month and its getting old, time and money wise.

7. Bigdog9501

Bigdog9501 LawnSite Member

Does it have a preset angle to grind with? Is the angle adjustable?

8. huntw11871

huntw11871 LawnSite Member
    from NC

PRO STREET CAMARO what is the model# you have?

9. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

There are 2 models. One with a fixed wheel that cant be moved and one with the handle on top you can turn the cutting wheel up and down. Thats the one we have.

10. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

The one with the wheel is. You vary the angle by how far up or down the wheel is in relation to the table.

I have the 300 dollar one. If I had it to do over again I would go for the 12" model. The smaller ones can't sharpen long blades all the way.

-TAZ