Oregon, east of the cascades

Discussion in 'Network: West' started by FYS777, Jan 28, 2009.

1. FYS777

FYS777 LawnSite Silver Member

Or from Oregon, around here, how is every body this winter and how are your prospects looking for this year, :weightlifter:

2. grincon

grincon LawnSite Member

Not to shabby, from Salem here...:waving:

3. FYS777

Thanks for replying, I was starting to think I was by myself in Oregon, hope everything is going well, how early does you season start on that side of the mountains,:waving:

4. grincon

grincon LawnSite Member

Last year we were moving at this time already, this year seems a bit late. We've had a week of sunshine and tomorrows high is supposed to hit 60*. I hope its soon, not really getting any side jobs lately. How about you guys? still cold?

5. FYS777

Ya still getting down to mid twentys, high maybe 50, we don't get started mowing till first week in April, depends on weather, clean ups start, first of march weather permitting,

6. grincon

grincon LawnSite Member

Theyre forcasting snow down to the valley floor tomorrow morning... Bummer.

7. FYS777

Hey how you doing, I got a couple clean ups done this week. Ya we are expecting 1 to 2 inches in bend tomorrow, I've been getting some service contracts back already, I'm glad the wind is blowing hard here, that means a lot of needles will fall, lots more clean ups,:clapping::clapping:

8. FYS777

Its something, besides you and the guy in central point, are the only ones I've seen from oregon on here, Im glad you were able to start out on your own in the business, how is it treating you?:)

9. grincon

grincon LawnSite Member

Hey doing good, starting to make my rounds again. The sun shined about noon then got upto about 50 an hour later it started raining and hasn't stopped since lol

10. FYS777

Well we got our 2 inches of snow, guess we could call it smowing today:laugh: