1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Oregon high lifts on Wright Stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobcat175, May 16, 2007.

1. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

Which high lifts from Oregon do you use on your Wright stander?

these are 18" blades for 52" stander.

91-622 high lift 250 width
    91-623 extreme high lift....300 width
    or other?

(numbers are Oregon's part numbers)
  2. bobcat175

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I'll help a little.....we couldn't get our 36" to cut right until we put the Scag flat bade on....they are sharpened almost to the center. That is what Wright advised us to do....most of our cuts are on lawns without a lot of weeds.
  4. bobcat175

Do you know the part#? Oregon blade?
    Was the deck pitched right?
  5. bobcat175

The blades that come with the stander are still considered "hi lift" so everyone that says they switched out the blades that came with their stander.....what did you switch to?
    Manufacturer of blade and part number please.
  6. Greenery

Greenery LawnSite Senior Member

I bought scags high lift blades. they work better than wrights standard blade but definitely load the motor a little more
  7. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Apparently the Wrights cut just doesnt get it heh? I love those mowers but if the cut isnt right, I cant buy one.
  8. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

mine cuts great....
  9. bobcat175

Are you still running doubles (gator/hi) with the baffle? Oregon 91-622's with 90-418's? How many spacers above the blades? What is the height from the ground to the cut tip of the bottom blade in front and in rear?
  10. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

We have had the same problem this year with our "Wright" blades for our 52" Standers. I found out that the "wings" on the Oregon blades are getting shorter every year thus creating less lift and vacuum. I accidentally found a Skag blade that has a longer "wing" on it and it works great. Better stripe,lift and vacuum. Part number#482878.