Oregon "Only One" Oil...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Up North, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Anyone use this 2-cycle oil? My dealer gave me a few packs to try out but I'm leary about it. It is the kind of mix that works for all ratio's. (supposedly)

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Buck

2. CookTractor

CookTractor LawnSite Member

we sell it at our dealership and have had no complaints with it/ some people swear by it

3. GSL 23

GSL 23 LawnSite Member

hi, i like it a lot less smoke but a littel pricey but worth it good luck

4. CookTractor

we sell the one gallon mix packs for $1 a piece

5. rtyus

rtyus LawnSite Member

I'm not familiar with that particular brand but as long as it's a premium oil you should not have a problem.

Any oil is good for any ratio as long the oil to gas mix is right. For instance, if you have a bottle of 50:1 that says to mix it with 2.5 gallons of gas and you need a ratio of 25:1 you would mix that size bottle with a gallon and a quart. Kinda simplified but you get the idea.

6. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

Everyone now sells the bottles (or cans) of oil to mix that is good for all rations in one oil. I use the Echo brand and it works great. One premix gas can for everything.

7. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

So if I mix this packet with one gallon I truly should be ready to go with my trimmer, blower, & chainsaw at 50:1, and my ice auger at 24:1?? (hope I don't need that yet for a couple months but you never know in the north country). :D

Buck

8. rtyus

rtyus LawnSite Member

If it's a one-gallon size, 50:1 mix, then mixing it with one gallon would give you 50:1. If you need 24:1 then you would mix that size bottle with a little less than half a gallon.

9. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

No, i think you are missing what everybody is talking about. If what I think everybody is talking about. It is a 2 cycle oil that you mix one time. That one mix setup covers all of the ratios, 24:1 ,50:1, 32:1, 16:1, etc. You mix like a bottle a gallon and it is supposed to have the properties and be able to run that mix in any unit, no matter what the mix ratio shows for the unit.

10. CookTractor

yes mix the pack with one gallon of gas and it will run any ratio