1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Network: West' started by mcs, Mar 8, 2003.

1. mcs

mcs LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

I'm from Eugene. Other members from Oregon would you please sign in.

2. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

As you requested,

Here I am.

Landscape contractor / arborist from Beaverton.

We offer Tree Care Advice also on our website - no forum.

3. Clay

Clay LawnSite Member

Hi Guys,

Clay here... on the Southern Oregon Coast...

Hey Dale, you out there???
  4. rhodiestoredwoods

rhodiestoredwoods LawnSite Member

I am Rhodies to Redwoods Tree Care in Keizer. Climbing Arborist who dabbles in lawn aerations and renovation.

5. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

mcs my future father in-law lives in Eugene. I went over their two years ago in the winter time around Christmas. We took a flight right to the airport in Eugene. I heard it rains their alot in the winter. Fortunately for us it didn't. The water over their is different then over hear in New Jersey. We have hard water you guys have soft water. I never really never knew what that meant until I went to Eugene. I took a shower over their and thought I would never get all the soap off of me. (it was the water) Sure felt like soap. Lols. My father in-law is a big Ducks fan so we went to a basketball game in Eugene. He came over to New Jersey this summer and we took him to New York to see the sights and Ground Zero. He almost lost his mind when he saw a picture of one of the Ducks football players on a New York building.
    I am glad to see that their are landscapers in his area. If he needs someone I know one guy I can contact. (can you say brownie points) Lols:D Travis
  6. Miller

Miller LawnSite Member
    from WY

Where the heck is Oregon??? Oh yah! That's where those tree-sitting hippy types hang out and protest and it rains all the bloody time, right? Sounds like a crappy place to live. :D
  7. lawncarepros2004

lawncarepros2004 LawnSite Member

Lawncarepros reporting from the east side of the crest in Bend.
  8. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

And... Critical Care also reporting in from the Bend area.

Oh, Mr. Wyoming Miller, the coast can get over 100 inches of rain annually, but out here we only get about 14". Better brush up on your facts my man... and all of the tree-sitting hippies were run over by logging trucks years ago.
  9. Popsicle

Popsicle LawnSite Member

"... and all of the tree-sitting hippies were run over by logging trucks years ago."

Who says natural selection doesn't exist!

I'm not from Oregon but still in the PNW. Hey Critical, you get only 14" of rain a year? In a rain shadow? I sit in one from the Olympics but still get around 36"/year.

Just bought an old truck from a guy in Salem. Will be heading down in a week or two to drive it home.
  10. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

I am not from Oregon but i was there a few months ago "Eugene" to check out the truck I just purchased. They are manufactured there in Eugene, nice town I bet it is great living in that beutiful state!