.org, or .biz

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Adam3669, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I would not use .org as it is designated for non-profit organizations.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

I had the same problem with mine. I wanted www.southerngreenscapes.com but had to settle for www.SCgreenscapes.com because the other was taken in the .com form. Just remember if you choose to use .biz and a customer sees your truck and remembers lawntek.biz and then gets home to look up your site and types in lawntek.com with out knowing any better and you have just marketed for another company. most likely they will notice that company is not from thier area, but will probally not think to try other tags. I would find something that works for your company that doesn't have to be your name. I grabbed a few domains when i was considering them since they were so cheap just in case i wanted something different. An example of one that i grabbed was www.bestlookingyard.com kinda catchy and easily remembered.
  4. thefed

thefed LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

dot biz is easy to say "yadayada.biz, b-i-z like business"

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

.biz is easy to say but not what most people think when trying to remember a website. How many websites can you think of off the top of your head that end in .biz
  6. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

In general you want have a .com domain name.
  7. paydex

paydex LawnSite Member

8. ExcaliburLawnCare

ExcaliburLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from MI

I would get the .com for the primary domain and get the .biz and .net and the .org for a nominal fee per year just to have it linked back to your main page. I plan on this for my site one I get it finished.
  9. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive got mine with a dash in the name dot com and without dash, linked back to the other one. That way, if they type it either way, it comes to me.

Most people always think dot com, not dot org or any other.

just add something to your business name like "lawns" or "inc"