Organic Apple Trees

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Daner, May 2, 2009.

1. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

and dont use any sealer or black paint, its no good and stops CODIT

2. BostonBull

BostonBull LawnSite Senior Member

I ASSumed this was a given.........:hammerhead:

3. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

not down here it aint......................they even paint the lower 1/3 of palms with some sort of sealant that is white:hammerhead::hammerhead: you would faint if you seen what goes on down here, get a 19$ lic and hurt trees wholesale.......

4. BostonBull

BostonBull LawnSite Senior Member

when I was in Sugar Hill area of GA, i saw the white trunks everywhere......whats the deal?

check your pm's gal

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Sun Tan Lotion.

6. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

I will have to agree with the above postings.

First get rid of all the dead/diseased wood.

Second should be thinning. Cut out criss crossing, rubbing, or reaching branches(branches coming from the opposing side) don't forget to follow the 1/3 rule but it only applies to live wood, if its dead it should be considered gone.

7. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

He refers to John Chapman, aka Johnny Appleseed, who spread the apple tree across America as he set up nursery aftery nursery ahead of the population surge moving west. As for being one of his trees-they'd have to be around 200 years old, to be so. They could certainly be descendants, but I don't know if he went into Canada.

8. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

That brings up a curious question... were there any apples at all, native to NA?

But, what I actually meant was that it looked like to me - that those tree were purposely placed - as oppsed to haphazard distribution of seed, by natural causes.