Organic bridge lawns that are less total cost on fert inputs compared to synthetics.?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Exact Rototilling, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Barry, lets not turn this into a sales pitch. This could simply be showing the turf does not require the level of N being applied by the lesco fert to achieve acceptable results, and has nothing to do with more N getting to the roots.

2. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I've accomplished very similar result with http://www.therichlawncompany.com/products/fertilizers/pro-rich-turf-food/
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

No sales pitch intended. I may or not be off base as to why this fertilizer works so well. This particular study was performed to provide some scientific data to substantiate testimonials from turf grass managers.

4. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Organic forum, take the screamin up to the fert forum where they might appreciate it. ATMO

5. hustlers

hustlers LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Have any of you tried BIO-GREEN-- 5.0.1 or 20.0.1 w Amm. Sulfate.. Mainly kelps and humic acids?? I had luck in the shady yards in establishing roots but didn't have good luck with former chemlawn yards which probably is to be expected so I'm gonna try those with the 20-0-1 because it does have some syn N to get stuff going in our cold spring.. still snow here

6. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Jump starting grass in the cold Spring is a bad idea for sun lawns... for shady lawns it is almost a death nell... people say: "Oh my, it is impossible to grow grass in the shade!!!"
    Well this is one reason why... :)