1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

organic fertilizer in michigan

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by turbo5560, Jan 14, 2008.

1. turbo5560

turbo5560 LawnSite Senior Member

a couple questions about using organic fertilizer:
    1. if you live in michigan where is a good place to buy... especially in West Michigan (grand rapids area).
    2. at what rate do you guys spread it? i did a little research and best i could find was for a 40 lb bag covers 2000 sq ft.
    3. Does anyone know where to buy in bulk? what is the best price? I have done very little with organic fertilizer but everyone is asking for it. This was the website i was told about. http://www.gardensalive.com/product.asp?pn=2836&bhcd2=1200360268
    anyone know a better place to buy it?
  2. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

I sent you a pm
  3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

There is a place on Roger B. Chaffee--sent you a PM. Hello from Grand Rapids.
  4. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

OH come on Mstine and riggle, let us all know the secret
  5. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

There is actually a thread for organics right below the pesticide thread. You might get a better response.
  6. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

That's not the place I sent him. I did buy a nice back blade on that street a month ago, though! (Ebling and Sons)
  7. greencravings

greencravings LawnSite Member

Careful selling that organic program. The price is too high for the consumer. You are better off selling granular with no pesticides. Do 1 or 2 organics annually if they really want the microbes.

We find as soon as you tell them there is no weed control, they lose interest. Most individuals cannot/willnot take the time to care for the lawn properly with an organic program and will end up with weeds which will reflect on you.
  8. turbo5560

turbo5560 LawnSite Senior Member