Organic mole control ??? any ideas?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by vermonta, Jan 28, 2008.

1. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

Our Blistering Defense works very well on disrupting feeding patterns.

Will not kill but will make them leave.
  2. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

In Wisconsin we just have the little moles, mice sized, that you see the little raised trails through the lawn to know they're there. I just returned from North Central Florida where I must have met the cousins of your moles.

Just before we came back we caught the one digging in that yard with the very type of trap you described. These guys are rat sized critters that leave sand piles everywhere about 6-8 inches high and a foot or more in diameter.

Another thing I heard down there is that the vibration of regular mowing pushes them out of the area. Along those same lines of thought, I have seen sound producing windmills and electronic sonic devices to chase moles, but these have limited range of effectiveness.
  3. vermonta

vermonta LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Thanks for the ideas and suggestions. I have passed them along and we'll see how it goes from here.
  4. vermonta

vermonta LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

What is it you are referring to here?:confused:
  5. jeffinsgf

jeffinsgf LawnSite Senior Member

Planting castor beans is also said to be effective. I'll let you know about mid-summer.
  6. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

Trap them!

I spent an hour on the phone with him - he is "THE MAN" - the Moleman that is - very sound approach and totally organic! His site is very elpfull
  7. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

We are a sponsor on the site and have products which will accomplish what you want without actually killing the targeted pest.

Call me at 651-295-8388 or pm me for specific questions.