1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Organic Operator offering assistance

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by G.L. In Ont, Feb 27, 2009.

1. G.L. In Ont

G.L. In Ont LawnSite Member

Hey Everyone,

2009 will be an interesting year in Ontario Canada as the provincial pesticide ban kicks in in March.

I have been operating a 100% organic lawn care franchise for the last 5 years and have had some really good results. I have also learned a great deal about growing and maintaining healthy lawns without the use of chemicals.

If there are any operators in my area (north of Toronto - Richmond Hill, Newmarket, Aurora) that may be looking to sub-contract their fertilizing or even considering getting out of it all together I'd be interested in chatting with you. I have already worked with a few companies in the area and had success. Many owners are realizing that building their maintenance (cutting etc) business is a better alternative to trying to get up to speed on the organic process, products etc.

Thanks, Gavin
  2. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

so tell us about your program. what do you use??
  3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

May I suggest this topic be moved to the organic forum.
  4. treegal1

he spammed over there also......I figured over here would get the most entertainment from asking how......
  5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I am not totally against organics. In fact I believe in Bridge
    products or using each to get the best of both worlds. But if you Tree Huggers are going to try and tell me synthetics are bad, I put on the boxing gloves.

Now given the liberal politics being practiced in this country, I see a lot of misinformation about both Synthetics and organics. Not unlike an empty barrel, those who know the least make the most noise. Our state legislation commissioned a study of fertilizer run off. This study was done by U of F PhD and people from all walks of the fertilizer industry along with environmentalist They came up with a very workable plan. But politics being what they are, It was never brought up for vote. As results, county by county Tree Huggers mandated local ordinances that are totally off the wall and impossible to comply with.

Thank heavens my county took the middle of the road and pretty much excepted the Commissioned study's recommendations. However this wasn't without a fight.
  6. treegal1

well Ric, your points ring very true, am I would like to see the study that you speak of, i have herd it referenced several time and feel like i am out of the loop somehow on this.

but I have to run down to Marco and set up a tree hugger.

give me a ring if you like.......
  7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yes you have never been in the loop and must not be a member of any professional group, so it doesn't surprise me you never got a copy. I have all 29 PDF pages saved on my computer because it is no longer on the net to my knowledge. But I believe you know your chances of me E mailing it to you.
  8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

And the title of the infamous report is .....................?
  9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

10. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

It's not just FL.
    It's everywhere, and the results and findings are all the same.

P leaches into waterways, is lie number one.

All the leaves and other organic material going into the lakes is not considered, to be a problem. That's just stupid!!!

Liberal politics, makes stupidity a sign of intelligence for the elite.
    The high-brows understand that rotting leaves are 'natural' and would do 'nothing' to harm Mother Earth. It us ignorant masses that can't see it.

People fall for it because they are mostly 'educated' beyond their intelligence.