1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Organic POST emergent?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by BostonBull, Sep 9, 2007.

1. BostonBull

BostonBull LawnSite Senior Member

What is everyone using in place of weed B gone? I am looking for an Organic alternative for my home lawn if it is available? Something powdered or pelletized that I can spread instead of spraying.

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I use weed killers. However--may I suggest use "Octane" from Sepro, sold by Lesco. New generation herbicide. It is about 100 times safer than old fashioned Weed B Gone. Take a look at the safety data and the oral LD50 for Octane. They couldn't kill the rats. No odor. And you only need about 2 ounces per acre. You could eat a whole acre of treated grass--and still be OK.

3. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I don't believe there is such a thing. Pull the weeds by hand. Spot spray with broadleaf. Build the grass up to choke out the weeds over time.
    Synthetics make life easier , organics take more effort as a rule.
    Spot spraying weeds with 2,4d is not as harmful to the environment as much as having N where it is not needed.
    2,4d deteriorates along with the weed. N ends up in New Orleans via every lake and stream with an overfertilized lawn on it.

4. Newt*

Newt* LawnSite Member

5. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Look at Green Guardian, a sponsor here on lawnsite.

6. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

natty hates when i do this but its the only product out there so here goes again. www.agralawn.com

7. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

If you want this guys formula do a U. S Patent search , all the info is there.