Organic POST emergent?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by BostonBull, Sep 9, 2007.

1. BostonBull

BostonBull LawnSite Senior Member

What is everyone using in place of weed B gone? I am looking for an Organic alternative for my home lawn if it is available? Something powdered or pelletized that I can spread instead of spraying.

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I use weed killers. However--may I suggest use "Octane" from Sepro, sold by Lesco. New generation herbicide. It is about 100 times safer than old fashioned Weed B Gone. Take a look at the safety data and the oral LD50 for Octane. They couldn't kill the rats. No odor. And you only need about 2 ounces per acre. You could eat a whole acre of treated grass--and still be OK.

3. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I don't believe there is such a thing. Pull the weeds by hand. Spot spray with broadleaf. Build the grass up to choke out the weeds over time.
    Synthetics make life easier , organics take more effort as a rule.
    Spot spraying weeds with 2,4d is not as harmful to the environment as much as having N where it is not needed.
    2,4d deteriorates along with the weed. N ends up in New Orleans via every lake and stream with an overfertilized lawn on it.

4. Newt*

Newt* LawnSite Member

5. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Look at Green Guardian, a sponsor here on lawnsite.

6. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

natty hates when i do this but its the only product out there so here goes again. www.agralawn.com

7. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

If you want this guys formula do a U. S Patent search , all the info is there.