1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Organic pre-emptive strike on weeds this fall

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by DeepGreenLawn, Jul 16, 2008.

1. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

What do yall think? I know I have major problems with poa annua, that stuff is a company killer. It is easy to pull but impossible to keep out of the lawn and a lot of times that is all a lawn is the first few months of the year before the heat hits. Then you have other weeds such as crabgrass, pigweed, all the other weeds that are a real pain in the a$$.

Tree says handpull, with the way things are going with prices for traditional it may be cheaper to go with CGM, but I am pretty sure that is climbing also, IF you can find it. So... any thoughts, by the way, these are new not so established lawns I am talking about. I know once the lawn is good and healthy with proper soil conditions that it won't be as much of an issue. But until then...

The way things are going it appears that hiring some helpers and hand pulling every other week is probably going to be the cheapest option for both me and my customers.
  2. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

i think you need a battery drill and a weed hook!!

there are also other ways to go that path.
  3. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

hmmmm... I like it... sounds a lot faster than my weed hound.