Organic Search

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by n2h20, Jan 3, 2014.

1. rankup

rankup LawnSite Member

Fix This to: <link rel="publisher" href="https://plus.google.com/u/0/111403165026960810013/about" />

Change it to : <link rel="publisher" href="https://plus.google.com/+Socalponds" />

2. rankup

rankup LawnSite Member

I know huh? Pretty crazy

3. rankup

rankup LawnSite Member

One more thing.. How come your full address isnt on your website?

Your Nap (Name, Address, Phone) needs to be consistent across all your profiles, including your website. I suggest editing the footer to reflect your address.

4. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Headz.
    I tested the page, now where do i go to change it? root directory?
    which folder?

5. n2h20

Rookie web designer. This is what i get for letting a friend build me a site.
    I work from home, not crazy about having my address on the site, although it shows up on google maps.
    I think i am going to have my site redone by some one more experienced ;)

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

You'll find this is very common on here, or with SABs in general (I have a hunch you know this, though.). NAP can be a bit of a Yin-Yang battle many of them have, with inconsistency, sometimes based in regret, being all too common.

7. n2h20

Where does one change that?
    root folder? ftp? or google webmaster?

8. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

It's in the top part, starting at line 13, of each of your .html page files. You'll need to change it on all of your pages. Look for the following snippet.

<!-- Basic Page Needs====================== -->​

Also, I just noticed that your main menu option of "Services" seems to do different things on different pages. Most of the time, it's set to not be an actual link. On at least two pages, including your About Us page, it does other things. About Us/Services goes to Maintenance. On another, and am not sure which, as I didn't pay attention (assumed that it was like this on all), went to a non-existent page and gave me a 404 error.

9. dieselfuel

dieselfuel LawnSite Member

deleted...

10. rankup

rankup LawnSite Member

You need to update it within the Head of your HTML. I can help fix if you want? Takes 5 min