Organic topsoil

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Southern Ocean sealing, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Southern Ocean sealing

Southern Ocean sealing LawnSite Member

If you Live in ocean county,NJ You can get The best organic topsoil from the Northern Recyling center In lakewood,Nj
    Citizens It`s free,great for the Garden
    Landscapers Might have to pay a small fee.
    Just letting my fellow citizens Know about this great stuff

2. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Sure If you want to garden with yours and your neighbors poop. They use Ocean Grow(bio-solid) to stimulate the composting process, that my friend, is people poop, straight from OCMUA. I think its great soil, but not for veggies, and not organic, according to NOFA guidelines.

3. thes

thes LawnSite Member

eeeewwwww.....a step below SOYLENT GREEN! :hammerhead:

4. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

How is the organic market in Jersey? I moved out of Middletown a few years ago and there was only one place I found that sold organic ferts.
    I was down there yesterday and looked in the yellow pages and only saw one company advertising organics.

5. MaineFert

MaineFert LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I'm not sure how things are in NJ, but I hear that NY has quite a push for it. We represent a product and have had good success with interest in the New England area. But your right, not alot of people are selling organics, at least at a comparable price.

6. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Is this product from Leaves at the Depot???

If so it's very very good....remember the forest plants get's all the elements in the soil from the natural recycling process....That IS ORGANIC :)

Pete

7. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, to each their own, If you like eating carrots after they grew in some of your communities excrement, go for it! ;) I'll use it for plants or lawns, your right its great soil. Sure its organic, technically(so is urea), just not up to par for NOFA guidelines.:nono: