ORganic weed killer???

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Jim8Nascar, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Jim8Nascar

Jim8Nascar LawnSite Member

I have a question about organic products or a proceedure (other than pulling weeds by hand, to get rid of grass in sidewalk cracks permanatley?
    What do you think works the best? I have read that vinagar,soap and water works but not sure about it's sucess? Any help would be great!
    Thanks

2. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

i've had good success with Burn Out 2. like any natural non selective it takes a couple hits to fully kill it though.

3. jeffinsgf

jeffinsgf LawnSite Senior Member

Wife cleaned out the coffee pot the other day with white vinegar. After she ran it through the coffee maker, she dumped it on the crabgrass in the sidewalk cracks. They're deader than a hammer 2 days later.

4. Prometheus

Prometheus LawnSite Member
    from EDEN FL

fire, and more fire, BIG FIRE

5. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

fire or a STRONG vinegar.

Fire being a propane type torch you can buy, there are a few threads about it if you do some research,

The vinegar is 20% acid? I forget the correct numbers, not your vinegar in the pantry though, again there are threads about it too, just got to blow the dust off the tops of them.

6. jeffinsgf

jeffinsgf LawnSite Senior Member

Careful with the fire. I'm not saying don't do it, but you have to be careful applying concentrated heat to concrete. :cry:

The coffee pot treatment must have concentrated the household vinegar sufficiently, 'cause it worked like a charm.

7. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

vinegar or fire = oxidation???? same thing less heat????