organic??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FENNELL, Mar 26, 2001.

1. FENNELL

FENNELL LawnSite Member

Has anyone tried to use organic methods? I can't get fertilzer liscense for this year so I was considering using it to my advantage by marketing myself as organic. Anyone try this as a niche? Used search for finding organic sites but would love any other info that might be worthwhile.

2. greenflag

greenflag LawnSite Member

dirtdoctor.com I use organic methods, and I know Moonarrow does as well. You can find a list of links on this page. This guy knows his stuff. Just watch out for the "Organaphobes" Ha!

Garry

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

In most stated you dont need a license to apply fertilizer. You only need a license to apply pesticides. Check with your state!

4. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We use orgainc fertilizer alot because of the result ...but the price is steeper. Plus there is a an organic combination that works just like round-up...pretty cool...though it still hits the pocket book

5. i dont know about you guys, but IPM if that is what you are talking about is a blend of like 4 things. cultural, biological, mechanical? and chemical when all else fails. i dont really think we are ever gonna get away from chemical. ipm works, however if you get a situation that is out of control it just takes way too long to get results from ipm.

6. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I was not refering to IPM...there are true organic products

7. powerreel

powerreel Banned

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I'm marketing organic lawn programs this year. I have already got my first 2. Also, ... well never mind. Better keep this one to myself. :)