Organics, All or Nothing?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by aclane2000, Jan 13, 2011.

1. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

important word underlined.

I wish I could find it, but someone posted a test that is rather telling. It was of a lawn that had been, and still was, on a regular synthetic program for years. SFI themselves did the test. They said that the fungal count was high, and the bacterial count was adequate.

Note usually. In fact, most of the ions that are in fertilizers are produced by microbes themselves.

YES! Bridge is ah-maze-ing!

2. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson LawnSite Senior Member

Important words underlined...don't get mad JD; just playing

Edit: I wrote the phrase; This is misinformation to the best of my knowledge

3. JDUtah

from UT

I "lol" that you underline SFI. (I have read your trip experience to their lab)

I'm not sure what you mean by the other.. "This is misinformation to the best of my knowledge "

4. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry. It is a little unclear. I just meant that actually most ionic form synthetic fertilizers are not 'produced' by microbes to the best of my knowledge but I possibly I misunderstand your assertion.....but heck it's not very important anyway.

5. JDUtah

from UT

not very important? Ummm... helllllllllllo?

If microbes didn't produce ions (the same exact one's in fertilizers), how is non-soluble organic "fertilizer" made available to plants? Really, please answer this.

K'mon man! It is the very CORE of what you like so much about the association of plants and soil microbes!

:hammerhead:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Case in point (see other thread).

Tell me JD, what happens when organic matter is decomposed?

7. JDUtah

from UT

You tell me all mighty knowledgeable Kiril. I mean, after all, you should be able to since you are such an expert on microbiology. And while you are at it, tell me how the organic matter is decomposed?

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

You are the one who made the statement that microbes produce ions ... apparently without the rudimentary knowledge of how decomposition works. So your response to the question is to be expected.

9. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Kiril, please discuss your viewpoint.

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

My viewpoint .... people should do their homework before taking exception to others posts.