Organics forum regarding rodents

Discussion in 'The Green Guardian' started by NattyLawn, Dec 13, 2005.

1. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Green Mark,

I'll bite on your post regarding rodents and the flavor you added to eliminate rodents and also works on insects and moles as well. I'll assume you're referring to Blistering Defense.
    Can this product be used as a preventative, curative or both? Also, does it have fertilizer like the Green Guardian? If it deters grubs and moles, is watering vital like Merit and Dylox apps?

One more thing. Is GG viable on cloudy days? I had some so/results on a clody day on a property. Sorry for all the questions, but I think your products work, but just want to dial in the application rates, etc. for best results.

Thanks

2. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, the repelling agent is based on the blistering defense. I use this as a preventative and curative. The Fertilizing benefits depend on which product you are using. The 8-0-5 contains a higher level of slow release properties than the 12-0-9.

In short, for long term greening benefits use 8-0-5 for quick effects use 12-0-9.

The Green Guardian works on cloudy days and even in light rain. It does take longer to work but when the choice is no application or slower results I will take the slower results.

We provide services in the 10's of thousands each summer and sometimes the weather does not cooperate. However, our clients are aware of the potential of slower results in that type of weather and they know that if it is not providing the desired result soon enough we will issue a respray.

3. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the quick response...Since BD is liquid, I guess it wouldn't need to be watered in, just trans-located within the plant.

As far as the GG goes, I don't know if we can chance the slower results, and will just stick to sunny days.