1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Organics Workshop/Class in OH?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Victor, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know of any organic workshops, or classes that are held in OH? The closer to Columbus, the better. Thanks for any help!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

Don't we wish, Victor. I don't know of any and I don't expect any. I am afraid we are in the vast wasteland for organics.

3. Victor

Aw crap! Now that's not what I want to hear. Hopefully there will be an offering out this way before long. :(
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. starry night

Chip Osborne in New Jersey for an all-day workshop only $150.

I'd be willing to pay more than that if it were in Ohio.

5. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

If you want good training in organic lawn care, you have to travel & spend some money. I did for years. Or you can take the initiative and contact people with good reputations and see what you can do to get them to your area to hold classes. If you wait for them to appear, you will continue waiting.

6. starry night

Hey Victor, how much change you got in your pants pocket? I think we're gonna have to pool our money.

7. If there's enough interest, I'm there. Where in Ohio would you guys thing the best turnout could be expected?

8. If there's enough interest, I'm there to teach. Where in Ohio would you guys thing the best turnout could be expected? What about the best time of year?

9. Victor

Well... For the best turnout, I think you'd have to hold the class in Cincinnati, Columbus, or Cleveland. If you offered a workshop/class in one of the 3 major cities in Ohio, I have no doubt you'd fill those classes with attendees. There are a lot of people around these major metropolitan areas. We have close to 2 million people in the Columbus metropolitan area and I'm sure Cincinnati and Cleveland can make the same claim. I think spring, or summer would be the best time. That's just my opinion though.
    I can hear dirt and Hoops rubbing his hands together; just thinking about the possibilities of there being a class here. Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Victor

Well... For the best turnout, I think you'd have to hold the class in Cincinnati, Columbus, or Cleveland. If you offered a workshop/class in one of the 3 major cities in Ohio, I have no doubt you'd fill those classes with attendees. There are a lot of people around these major metropolitan areas. We have close to 2 million people in the Columbus metropolitan area and I'm sure Cincinnati and Cleveland can make the same claim. I think spring, or summer would be the best time. That's just my opinion though.
    I can hear dirt and Hoops rubbing his hands together; just thinking about the possibilities of there being a class here. Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device