1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Organizing an enclosed trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2Sam2233, Apr 16, 2002.

1. 2Sam2233

2Sam2233 LawnSite Member

For all you gooroo's out there who are using an enclosed trailer. What type of system or what materials did you use for mounting trimmers, blowers, etc. to the inside walls? I was thinking of using the standard garage organizers you get at Wal Mart, and then running a bungy cord across all implements to hold them in place. What are your thoughts?

Thanks ahead of time.
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i use green touch industries racks in my trailer. i have a two place trimmer rack, backpack blower rack, hand tool rack, bungee cord rack and mower hold downs for my walkbehind. so far they have worked out great. then in the corner of the trailer i drilled a few milk crates to the floor for extra storage for oil, rags etc....

BAMARED LawnSite Member

Check your email.

4. BobbyBcuttin

BobbyBcuttin LawnSite Member

Mike here is a link to a thread with my trailer pics i built all my racks myself i only have about 60 bucks tied up in racks i didn't see a need to spend a large amount for racks when i needed a raining day project anyway. I have enough space for 2 trimmers 1 stick edger 1 backpack blower 2 five gallon cans 1 2 1/2 gallon mix can trimmer line, hedge trimmer,spare blades and all the other odd and end things.
  5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Here is a photo from the back, I use the Jungle Jim system and assorted clamps from Home Cheapo.

trailer new back.jpg
  6. KirbysLawn

Shelves up front

trailer new side shelves.jpg
  7. KirbysLawn

My sprayers are mounted with two sets of hooks the top is clamped by a bunge cord. I have tags (see green rope) that help make and keep up with what is mixed in tanks. Just switched to a card system on a hook, working better.

trailer new side.jpg
  8. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

very nice setup kirby, how many times have u hit ur head on the spreader? looks like it sticks out pretty far
  9. KirbysLawn

LOL a few times.:(