1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Orlando tree service

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by BCL Services, Oct 10, 2012.

1. BCL Services

BCL Services LawnSite Member

Hey guys who are you using for a tree service sub in the Orlando area? We handle small stuff in house, but I have a bigger job coming up to trim up about 50 palms that I don't think I care to bother with. Who do you recommend?
  2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I have used Todd Davis Tree Service out of Winter Park a couple of times. Does prompt work, is good with the customers.

3. RoyalTree

RoyalTree LawnSite Member

Dont hire a company that advertises topping.

Look at the isa or tcia website for a company that uses a certified arborist or at the very least practices modern tree trimming techniques.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. bugsNbows

bugsNbows LawnSite Member

Great advice. I see so many "butcher jobs" around on palms. IMO, it is pathetically unprofessional.
  5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

In Orlando call Scrub Tree Service. Their Hurricane style trimming cuts right to the Heart. Yes, Trim jobs stand the test of time, in fact this might be the last time they get trimmed. BTW They specialize in Tree Remove also.

6. "But if I hurricane cut, I won't have to have them cut for another year!"
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

certified arborist for palm trimming, thats funny......

why would people pay for an arborist to come out, when for 1/4 the price of a legitimate tree service they can get the $20/door knocker scabs to do it
  8. RoyalTree

Right...why hire a ligitimate company...

I guess we all know how you run your business.

Hire the guy who will spike your royals and make sure they dont leave more then 3 fronds. This wont hurt your trees at all, right? Why pay for someone who actually trains their employees when you can get a guy at the local home depot. Who cares about if the guy has insurance right? Workers comp, you will never need it, way to expensive. Besided the guy has a poulan and a ladder, he knows what he is doing.

Tree service is dangerous and lots of damage can be caused to plants, property and persons by the hacks that think they can trim treed. I am tirred of seeing the ignorance not only by the homeowners but mostly by people in the green industry.

Two tree trimmers who were not properly trained have died in the last 6 months in my city alone.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. Amen. Thank you.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. RoyalTree

You might also be surprised how affordable it can be to hire a professional company versus the hacks sometimes. We are trained and equipped to do the job and can do it in a fraction of the time.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012