ornamec

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rob m, Apr 7, 2001.

1. rob m

rob m LawnSite Member

looking for feedback on spraying ornamec(sp?)to eliminate grass in shrub beds- specifically anyone who had plants damaged or killed,and how long before results are seen?

2. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I have used ornemec with good results. By following the labe I have not experienced any collateral plant damage. Your results will vary on the grass you are trying to kill and the temperature. Nut grass usually takes at least 2 apps.

3. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

I used Ornimec a few years ago on some grass in Euonymus ground cover. I used it in three applications. It turned the grasses brown, but never a total kill. Never any damage to the Euonymus. I finally used Roundup with total kill of pests and no damage to Euonymus.

I think my Ornimec problem was the owner kept turning on the irrigation system the afternoon of my apps. Everytime I placed a note in the controller stating about the app and not to turn on water until a designated date. Everytime I went to turn it back on, it was back on already.