1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ornamental weed bed control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by East Lawn, May 22, 2006.

1. East Lawn

East Lawn LawnSite Member

I am looking for a product to control various weeds and grasses in a bed with horizontal junipers. Also have a major problem with wild onion. I was considering using a 3way or speedzone for the wild onion. I also thought about using paramitol 25E. What do you guys find best and seems to last the longest. Also safe on the Junipers.
  2. JoeinJasper

JoeinJasper LawnSite Member

Read the label!! 3 way isn't labeled for use over junipers, and Pramitol is a non selective contact killer that will also sterilize the soil for a year. The label will answer all your questions. Poast and Image are two herbs that can be used on most junipers for selective control.
  3. East Lawn

East Lawn LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. I cannot read a label I do not have. Yes I know about reading labels. The Paramitol I was not intending to use in the area around the Junipers.