Ortho Ground Clear sprayed around trees

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by eggy, Aug 6, 2006.

1. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

I recently got Ortho Ground Clear and Round Up confused in a sprayer and sprayed around several mature trees with Ground Clear in order to control weeds. Should I be in high panic mode that these trees will die now? Thanks.:hammerhead:

2. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

is ground clear tricloypr?

3. eggy

No, I dont thisnk I will have a problem but I am unsure, the trees are probably 15-20 years old.

4. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

I mow for an old lady and she doesn't want any grass near her concrete, house or trees. She uses Ground clear around everything. It has not hurt her trees and she has done it for years.

5. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

as olive said, if it has triclopr or dicamba, it may cause the leaves on the top of the tree to curl, but if their that old, you should be ok.

6. eggy

Thanks for the reply, I called ortho and they didnt have a real answer it seemed as if I was talking to someone who had no clue about the product. I think I should be ok, these trees are very mature in age. Once again Thanks!

7. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Ground clear is round up and imizapyr.

8. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Label says do not apply within twice the distance of the drip line.

9. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

not sure of the imizapyr, but the round up will only kill by contacting the leafy portion of the plant, it won't be taken up by the roots.