OSHA safety manual- is this required?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by peeklandscaping, Aug 8, 2014.

1. peeklandscaping

peeklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Hi! I just got an official looking email from OSHA that says I have no Safety Manual and that I need to get one if I don't want to be non-compliance. Anyone heard of this? Do I need to order the manual by law? Thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss LawnSite Bronze Member

As a company you need to have a "safety" plan in place. As far as the letter I would call and ask if they could explain or give you info
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Silver Member

Post up the letter.
    It sounds like a scam, to scare you into buying a manual of some kind.
    It seems that most advertising and solicitations are lies.
    Lying to people must work, or they wouldn't invest their time and money with these solicitations

4. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Over 10 employees
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. peeklandscaping

from CT

well at least it sounds like I don't have to put $300 into some book right now. As far as a "safety plan", does it have to be officially written up, carried in the truck, or what? IDK

6. chefj

chefj LawnSite Senior Member

There are companies that will spam mail you "compliance" letters. I have dealt with these types of things in the restaurant industry. They'll sound official, and mail out posters and other guideline like materials, yet are just pressure selling you items.

You can get any and all of these things for free from downloads. 99% of which are not required.

7. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

8. TX Easymoney

Needs to be available to employees, like at office...maybe do a monthly safety meeting, write down what was discussed and employees which attended.

9. TX Easymoney

10. peeklandscaping

from CT

must have been a "spam" email. Cool by me. Thanks for the links... that's clarified up now!