Other CASH paying jobs

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

What are some good CASH ( and I mean under the table or whatever) jobs for the late fall and winter? I've already thought about gutter cleaning, leaf removal, Xmas lights, carpenter's assistant or construction help. But do u guys know of any others besides being a server? I feel like doing almost anything besides waiting tables to get through this winter!

2. oh boy that will get you flamed by the boy scouts on here now.

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

this isn't an under the table job, but have you ever thought about getting your license for driving a school bus? even as a substitute bus driver? around here, they make decent money, and the benefits after 45 days are great even for subs.

4. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

How about bank robbery or purse snatching?
    both those are under the table kind of jobs.
    J/K....lol

5. green-pa

Ok, I'm not looking for critics or boy scouts, just people who are not working for our currupt big brother system. Now that it's clarified anyone have any ideas or is this something not applicable to the majorities on here?:laugh:

6. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

If you run an ad for painting you'll get all kinds of responces.
    Handyman work is also in high demand.

7. green-pa

I would try a lotta things but I just got put on cs for 2 kids and it's crazy now especially since the season is over. THey got me paying a lot compared to how many bills I have and it's going to be a struggle. If I get an actual pay check somewhere cs agents will likely find out, maybe not 'til next year, but it will put me in the system as making more and then they'll force me to pay a lot more. The woman that rides a broom at night ( my ex) promised me she would take care of them by herself if we ever parted and I was dumb enough to believe her. I'd much rather support them in my own way but now it's too late and it looks as though I'll be in the system for 20 years or more and with the constant threat of jail time if I ever get behind on payments. Wear your hats guys! Don't ever trust a woman who says she can't get pregnant and if she did, she'd take care if it and never try to get cs!!! I never thought my life would be under this kind of stress/pressure, but I'm an example of what NOT to do when it comes to trusting women! If it was up to these women's rights groups and lesbians, they'd have our families so scrwed up cause the men would be like slaves to the women or worse, in jail unable to do any good for society!

8. green-pa

Like enterior or exterior? Is this really lucrative for someone unknownn in the painting industry? I mean I understand it can be a basic job. I've done it before on a few small rental houses for my dad's gf. BUt that was very untechnical and I was just a teen charging $10/hr. How much do painters make? I'd like to gross at least $20-25/hr.

9. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

-Yes...subs around here make good money. If you subbed M-F here, you'll gross around 2 grand for the month. And that's at the lowest payscale.

Personally, I've done some delivery jobs where you get tipped. Doing it in a full size pickup is not the most economical thing but for a few months it's not bad. You write your vehicles expenses off anyway.

10. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.