other companies staring at my rig

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cntryboymc, May 9, 2004.

1. cntryboymc

cntryboymc LawnSite Member

ive been out working my butt off the last three days because im still a part timer.it seems like every time im pulling the trailer,all these other guys are totally staring at my rig.let me mention these guys have much better setups than i do.what is the deal?they dont like seeing up and coming competition?im starting to get a lot more work by the way,since improving the apearance of my trucks and having signs on them.
  2. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I go through the same thing every week. Don't worry about the other guys, and just keep focusing on what you're doing. I've found that there's a lot of very well equiped scrubs out there. At least I know that as long as I do everything on the up-and-up and keep it legal I'll be around for many years to come.
  3. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Same thing happens to me here.... and I look at other peoples also. I think everyone is wanting to see what everyone else has. Most of all my bigger competition around here I know and everyone always waves going down the road though. I am friends with many of the other owners and many of us talk often.
  4. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

I get the same looks but i think they are wondering how i got all that sh#t in there.

5. cntryboymc

cntryboymc LawnSite Member

that is an amazing trailer!
  6. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Work_it..... this is a little off topic but do you like Ale 8's? Just wondering cause I saw your from Kentucky and I'm one NC boy who just loves them. We have a garage full of about 150 cases right now!
  7. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I saw something yesterday I did a double take on I don't like the word scrubs but these guys would qualify on trailer dept. I am driving down the road I had just picked up some sod and I see a landscaper on the side he has a pick up truck and 2 mowers and one helper and a tiny 10 ft long trailer.

The guy is on the lawn using a lesco walk behind basically just trashing the place spraying the house and beds with grass. But what I saw on the trailer made me laugh they had an encore ZTR it is the first one IV seen but I am not knocking the mower. What I am knocking is what they go through to load it you see the trailer has the normal landscaping side rails about a foot off the deck. This mower was parked side ways at the front of the trailer from what I saw he had maybe 4 inches of clearance with that mower jammed between the 2 side walls. In other words there is no way in hell he turns it around on the trailer its impossible so I thought on it and the only way I can think of getting it there. Is to go for ward then back word over and over again moving perhaps 2-3 inches forward at a time slowly wiggling to the back of the trailer. Now I wonder is it worth having a mower with you on a trailer that takes 10 mins or more the load and unload.

To me that screams armature and I feel sorry for them, as thatÂ’s beyond a pain the butt
  8. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, Ale 8 is awesome. lol. About 5 years ago they almost went out of business, and once word got out of this happening everyone started drinking it again just to help keep them around. Sure am glad they're still around.
  9. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I check out very briefly other trailers as they go by. Big deal. I see others doing the same all the time. Many of us pulling around every day year after year know or recognize each other. We also know that many many many of the newbies and part timers will be gone by mid summer anyway. The ones that are really serious about the green industry will be around next season.