other companys?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

just for fun today i did a name search for my company name and found that 2 other company's have that name. one in Ada, MI (5yrs Old) and one in Havre, MT (10yrs Old) both with $1 to $2.5mil in sale per year.

Now should i have any worries when i go to do a llc or inc for my company this year from them? i started my company in 2004 and named my company after my truck :laugh: but anyway please give me any suggestions for this potential prob.

2. evergreenedmond

evergreenedmond LawnSite Senior Member

As far as i know if you aare in a different state it shouldn't be a problem. another thing to do is a slight name change ie. "frontier lawn & landscape" would be a different company than "frontier landscape management". Hope this helps

3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

How did you do the search?

It is difficult to find a name that no one else has.

I think each state varies in their name policies. For instance, here the state will not allow my company name to be The Gardener but I can form a Corp with the name.

4. Frontier-Lawn

i did a phone book look up and a buissnes credit look up.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

bet you wish you were pulling those kinds of numbers, huh :)

6. Frontier-Lawn

yes i do i could have a house instead for renting :laugh:

7. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I have heard there is a service that will do a nationwide check for you. I heard about it 5 years ago and it was pricey back then. I thought by now the cost may have come down but I forgot the company that does it.