1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Other LCO sign on my Job

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TPnTX, Nov 13, 2007.

1. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

One of my commercial accounts is a local dentist office. They hired a company to do their holiday lighting. No surprise this company is an LCO. So they put a sign out by the street "Xmas lights by XXX Lawn Care"

I'm a little put off by that and I'm considering pulling his sign up.

Thought I'd bounce that off LC and see if I'm over reacting.
  2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

If there is no ordinance against signs there is not much you can do. Or at least don't let the other lco see you do it:laugh:
    Man I go knock other lco's signs off trees and poles and where ever LOL
  3. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

I would never put my sign on a lawn being maintained by another LCO because I know what would happen to it. Most people on here would not say the words. If he put the sign on your lawn at your home, what would you do? Back over it accidently like or sneak up on it in the dark. If he complains tell him it was an ugly sign and you thought it was trash.
  4. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Its part of the business man, If thats the worst thing that happens to you in this business. I'd say your doing ok.:hammerhead:
  5. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

Charles. Your not on the same page. If you really do that then your crazy. And in the wrong.
  6. Charles

No I am not. Its illegal to put your signs on post and tree's in my area and where ever else. Also its a form of littering and ugly on the landscape. Can you imagine if every lco did that? What it would look like? Very unfair competition! Now I wouldn't go in somebodies yard and do it.
    Why did you even ask this question if you think it is crazy and wrong to get rid of the sign? If you don't feel right about it then don't do it
  7. cutedge

cutedge LawnSite Member

Their sign is only advertising holiday lighting, not lawn care. I really wouldn't worrt to much. YZou already have that account so it really doesn't matter. Put your sign on the other end of the property so you get some recognition also
  8. Charles

You should first check your city and county ordinances. You may need to get a permit. Many cities and counties do not want all this clutter on their roadways. Its a eyesore. You can be fined
  9. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have a mulching kit??? HE HE HE
  10. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Id say leave it there, hes not advertisin like he does the lawn. plus im sure someone else will take it before long.