Other services you offer?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by livingsoils, Aug 23, 2006.

1. livingsoils

livingsoils LawnSite Member

I am sitting here waiting for rain and I was wondering what other services I can offer to keep me busy?;)
    I mainly do Lawn and tree/shrubs applications. I was wondering what other people are offering to keep from getting fat and watching too many soap opera's. :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Mike

2. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

the lack of rain shouldnt shut down your business.

3. livingsoils

livingsoils LawnSite Member

My business hasn't shut down but I am in between applications.:confused: Usually at this time I would have started my aeration's but the ground is way too hard to pull plugs or have seed germinate. That usually keeps me busy until the next application in September.
    Mike

4. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I have been doing some maintenance pruning of landscapes for a commercial client which I really don't like doing. I have been doing grub scouts on my lawns but I'm waiting for rain to do the applications. Ferting and spraying dry lawns is a recipe for disaster. I did get caught up with my filing and other paperwork though.

5. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

I was considering buying a magnamatic and offering blade sharpening for those who cut their own lawn. maybe a drop box for blades or something because I would not go pick them up obviously.