1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Other than Alamia.com

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Guardian, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I enjoy shopping Alamia.....whether I buy something or not. Recently, I printed a page from Alamia and took it to a dealer. It helped me get a better price.

Are there other sites that give prices on commercial equipment?

It seems that every site I find doesn't list prices or doesn't seem to want to business on the net. Personally, I like to do all my "researching" on-line.
  2. As much surfing as I do, I still perferr to buy in town and be able to touch it before I hand over the dough.

I hate waiting for it also. Yup spurge buyer.
  3. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

...Don't you enjoy surfing just to get ideas? I agree-I will not buy anything BIG on line, but I do all my thinking and planning at night...wandering thru the net.
    Just tonight, I decided that I may want to purchase a large walkbehind, so I decided to see about how the biggest WB's compare price wise. Other than Alamia, where can I see prices..tonight?
  4. www.turfhq.com

Try there

Also I recall there were some others that have been posted, but I can't think of them right now.

Impulse gotcha ya huh?

One thing though, you should not consider the price, whne looking at the mower.

Quality, performance, and power demands a matching price.
  5. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

there is lawn and garden warehouse. their site is lgwhse.com. They sell exmark and toro and a few others. Their exmark page has just been updated but the toro page is from like 1999.
  6. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

7. He's got it up and running now and reg with the search eninges, KEWL.
  8. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Correct, Pierre has done fantastic work.

Its not filled with lots of design bells and whistles but its got what it takes.... Also, Darrin is a great guy and business person.

He has lots of connections in this Industry and is more than willing to help... in whatever situation.
  9. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

10. Sorry you can tell my brain was not functioning at that time.:rolleyes:

I wont let it happen again Dave.:blob1: