Other than Lawnsite...who do you talk biz with....?....?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Exact Rototilling, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Friends, family, wife/gf or others for brainstorming.....?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I prolly chat with atleast three other company owners on a daily basis. I try to run ideas or plans by my wife, but i can usually tell when im lost her in the conversation or confused the crap out of her. Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

I network with other LCO's in nearby suburbs...a great source for information and camaraderie.

4. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Other companies at walkthroughs/bid openings. My wife cares as much about my work as I care about the Real Housewives :laugh:

5. StockmanLawnscape

StockmanLawnscape LawnSite Member

I talk to myself most of the time like a crazy person haha then I use my fiance to tell my ideas to so I feel like someone else agrees with me, even though she mostly just nods and smiles because she gets confused :laugh:

6. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

Mainly just my co-workers and girlfriend. It's hard to talk to most of the other LCO's in my area since 98% of them barely speak English. I tried talking to one guy since we work in the same neighborhoods every Thursday, but that conversation was short-lived. About all I understood was "Where'd you get that grass catcher" and "good catcher". Welcome to California!

7. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Hey you can talk to yourself but as long as you don't answer yourself everything is good lol

I talk to a couple of companies. I don't like to talk business with companies in my local area but I have a few guys don here that I can go to for advice.

8. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

my family, friends, my uncle who also landscapes, and my lawnsite buddies who live close by. fellow lawnsite members are definitely the best to discuss business with in person! I will talk to anyone who wants to talk business

9. ygim

ygim LawnSite Senior Member

I talk to my workers, one or two other lco's in the area. Most other lco's around here are kinda of d*$%#.

10. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I talk with 2 competitors, my sales rep for mulch and father in law as he used to do high end gardening before retiring. My wife tries to follow but doesn't really care as long as we are not broke and I'm come home at night.