Other then the equipment..

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by njsnakeman, Jul 1, 2007.

1. njsnakeman

njsnakeman LawnSite Member

..what else do you need to get this biz-nazz started?

Ok.. maybe I do have an equipment question.. hows are the Craftsman mowers? 12.5HP, 42"cut for $250 sound good???

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

mowers, blowers,trimmers,edgers,chainsaws,trailer,truck,hedge trimmers,gas cans,tools,rakes,wheel barrel, INSURANCE. ect ect ect ect, its endless my friend.
  3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

They are crap. But if that is all you can afford to get started, then get it and upgrade as you can. You really need to get commercial grade equipment, homeowner stuff will not last.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you need the million dollar question,every year we spend in the thousand of dollars not counting the trucks.
  5. MeadowsLawnCare

MeadowsLawnCare LawnSite Member

Anything you might use when working outdoors :p
  6. Grits

from Florida

Good answer!
  7. njsnakeman

njsnakeman LawnSite Member

You guys over looked the question... "What do I need other then the equipment to get the business started?"

Is there anything else I need to do other then get insurance?
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

9. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I thought he meant like office supplies but I couldn't think of anything last night but I woke up this mourning... He NEEDS a stapler AND staples. I never use mine but if I ever needed staple something, I have it handy.

In Canada you have to register your name, pay for the name search (at the same place) then register for a tax number, we put this on our bills. Things will likely be different where you live, I know that we have a city bylaw or something that we need to register for if you have a window cleaning co., but I never have registered for that BS money grab from the city.
  10. Grits

from Florida

License, insurance, accountant, soemthing like Quickbooks, computer, pens, paper, printer, sunglasses, paperclips, business phone line, water, filing cabinet, Fluid Film, bulletin board, dry erase board, envelopes, advertisments, notepad, business cards, a hat, good shoes, Rolodex, ...I will try to think of more later.