Other Ways To Make Money While Landscaping

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LandscapeMember, Feb 18, 2007.

1. irishgoldcleanups

irishgoldcleanups LawnSite Member

I STARTED OUT DO CLEAN-UPS & CLEAN-OUTS. BUT THAT IS VERY SPORADIC . NOT STEADY INCOME SO I STARTED SCRAPPING ALSO WHICH HELPS FILL THE GAPS . BUT NOT NEARLY STEADY ENOUGH SO THIS YEAR I AM STARTING COMMERCIAL LAWN MAINTENANCE AND WINDOW CLEANING. I HAVE 4 ACCOUNTS ALREADY THAT WILL GROSS$200,000 IF YOU COMBINE THE TWO IN THE CORP THE INSURANCE WOULD BE ON ONE POLICY WHICH I HAVE CLASSIFIED UNDER HANDYMAN

2. irishgoldcleanups

YOU HAVE TO BE SMART ABOUT DUMPING I SORT EVERYTHING .

WHEN I DO A COMPLETE JOB LIKE HOUSE CLEAN-OUTS I LOAD ALL THE METALS ON A TRAILER THE I TAKE ALL DEBRIS AND LOAD THE TRUCK CD IS $100 A TON HERE HOUSEHOLD IS $90 SO YOU WILL HAVE TO ESTIMATE FOR THE DUMPING FEES, FUEL, LABOR PER MAN HOUR.

LAST JOB I DID WAS A 4 BEDROOM CAPE COMPLETE CLEANOUT WHERE THERE WAS 40 YEARS OF **** COLLECTED. THE YARD HAS NOT BEEN MAINTAINED IN YEARS SO THEY HAD ME REMOVE ALL LEAVES AND RUBBISH, TRIM HEDGES, EDGE WALKS AND BEDS, CUT AND TRIM LAWN POWERWASH HOUSE. FOR THAT I CHARGED $4500

THEN THEY ASKED ME IF I KNEW ANY GOOD HOUSE PAINTERS SO I SAID ME.

THEY BOUGHT ALL THE SUPPLIES I DID THE LABOR $1500

TOTAL JOB $6000 5 DAYS LABOR 3 GUYS

3. irishgoldcleanups

WHAT IS YOUR TIME AND LABOR WORTH. I KNOW MINE IS WORTH A HELL OF ALOT MORE THAN YOU ARE CHARGING I WILL NOT GET OUT OF BED FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN $500 PER DAY AFTER EXPENSES

4. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

ok enough with the caps! lol!

5. irishgoldcleanups

SORRY bad habit

6. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

ha! yeh, im just messin round

7. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 LawnSite Senior Member

ebay lots of that stuff you get from people houses if its any good even if it dont sell you can relist it for free.

and i know its kinda sick but if your a trash guy you can find pretty cool stuff that people throw away you wouldnt beleave how much stuff this guy found over the years of picking up trash. i asked him if he had any broken game systems that he found and he had like 20-30 broken ps2s xboxs i told him i would give him $50 for all them and hes like sure. and i put it on ebay you would not beleave what people pay for thoes i sold one broken xbox on ebay and made 56.39 plus i charged more for shipping.

8. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

You must be well rested.

9. irishgoldcleanups

why do you say that?? winter is my busy season. i average a minimum of $1000 after expenses per job 2-3 jobs a week

10. irishgoldcleanups

im not greedy. most jobs that i do where the stuff is reuseable. i donate it to non-profit charities in new york which saves me money on dumping fees