OTT rubber tracks

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by patpls, Apr 11, 2007.

1. patpls

patpls LawnSite Member
    from Mn

Hey ott rubber guys I'm contemplating some solid deal rubber tracks as a replacement for my Goodyear Trackman rubbers, and need to know what rim and tyre set up the S/d use. The Goodyears run a 15" rim and a 10" tyre. If I don't have to I don't want to change the lot. give us your opinion of Solids capabilities too Thanks PATPLS:usflag:

2. Bob E G

Bob E G LawnSite Member
    from 53717

I checked out the Solid Deal tracks and decided to go with Goodyears, instead. This is my second set and I'm very happy with them. Just curious why you want to switch?

Demoed a machine with Solid Deal tracks. The tread is NOT staggered, so you get a significant vibration as they rotate. Also, some of the guys that have them are tearing up standard skid steer rims. The tracks run loose, so you get something that goes between the tire and rim and the rims don't hold up. Thats why Solid Deal is marketing an extra-heavy-duty rim to go with those tracks. I would not recommend them, personally.

Also, I have a nearly brand new set of Goodyears that I may be selling, since I am selling the machine. They are on a Cat 246. Let me know if you are interested--but either way, watch out for the Solid Deal Tracks. My opinion.

3. patpls

patpls LawnSite Member
    from Mn

Hey Thanks Bob, I'm really happy with the Trackman but was considering some steel ott for the soupy conditions we're going to have for awhile here, particularly on new construction sites. i thought the solid deal with their coupler arrangement would make life so much easier to swap between the two. The G/Y are great overall but on greasy, slimy conditions i figured steel would give me more work hours.

4. Bob E G

Bob E G LawnSite Member
    from 53717

Sounds like a good plan!