Otter Pops All Around

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Aug 1, 2006.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Saturday I finished a "honey do" project that I've put off for a long time... running drip line and emmitters/misters to my wife's plants on the side patio. Just too hot for her to keep up with the watering on a regular basis and I was tired of losing my staghorn fern to the heat. Now it's on the controller and her plants have perked up. When I finally got done we were sitting at the patio table and she brought Otter Pops out for all. I had a grape one. Perfect ending! :)

Drip System Extension Project IV-07.jpg

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I was going to buy case of the local version (Flav-R-Ice) and noticed they now put fruit juice in them, as if you can redeem the nutritional calamity of sugar water with some fruit juice concentrate. Hypocrites. The Otter Pops you never knew

3. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

havn't had otter pops in years. much better than the things we get here.

4. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Bronze Member

Otter pops?

Flav-or-Ice I've heard of.

pg

5. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I buy them by the case! Good for you Purp! you can't hardly even see the lines, did you use shrubblers?

6. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

It got to 100 degrees today and we worked for 12 hours installing a system off a lake...

When we were done I was anxious to cool off in the sprinklers but the lake was honestly like bath water...

I had a fla-vor-ice though after I saw this thread...

CIMG0726.JPG

7. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Emmitters (bubblers/shrubbers) go to every plant but I have the ones to the two donkeytail cacti shut off right now because I don't want to give them too much water. I also have four Hardie Maxi-Jet emitters plumbed into the rafters and they are more like misters than anything.