Ouch!! Be careful.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brickman, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Today when I was aerating a steep hill the aerator started slidding and next thing I was too. Before I could get the OH S--t said, my foot was in among the tines and being drug around with the aerator. When every thing landed at the bottom my foot was free, with the shoe tore up good, and the aerator was upside down in the grass. I decided that hill didn't need aerated. I am sure that all looked very funny, but I wasn't in a position to watch.
    I had to go to Wal Mart and buy me some more shoes so I could finish working.
    Now my foot is pretty sore. I don't think any thing is broken. But I think that I will live. Better than being in the hospital getting my foot screwed back to gether.
    My point is we all need to be careful.

2. mxrdrvr3

mxrdrvr3 LawnSite Member

:D do not mean to laugh but I am just picturing it in my head.....lmao ok now thats out glad you are okay :D

3. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

glad to hear you are ok, dont they have any kinds of guards on them?

4. Brickman

No offense taken at laughing. I am too, as I am sure it looked funny.
    There are no guards, but maybe I could sue BlueBird, get a nice check, retire.............. sit in the sun, watch beach babes all day. And then the aerators would come with a guard after that I am sure.
    Oh I forgot, I don't have the money for the lawsuit. Shucks.

5. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Lmao, I am truly sorry, but that had to of looked funny....be careful out there...

Hank

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

About the ONLY way that hills can be done safely with wb aerators, is straight up. Not down, mind you, but up.

7. lawnstudent

lawnstudent LawnSite Senior Member

Runner,

not to be a smart a$$, but how do you get down so you can go back up the hill?

jim

8. lawnstudent

lawnstudent LawnSite Senior Member

Brickman,

sure am glad to hear you are ok. I had my aerator slip on the wet grass on a very small hill a couple weeks ago. Surprised me but no harm. I know how quick things can happen. Be thinking out there. Be safe!

jim

9. Brickman

(Brickman,

sure am glad to hear you are ok.)

Yeah me too, when I saw my foot going in there among the tines all I could think is $15,000. My brother had a guy working for him last fall and a horse fell on his foot. It cost $15,000 to put his foot back together.
    I am sure I will be sore tomorrow, but a smarter guy.

:blob2:

10. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

they really should have some sort of guards on them