Ouch, I missed this 21' Proline auction.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Sharks, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Lawn Sharks

Lawn Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

2. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Awww, man what a deal! $480! the thing looks almost new......

3. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

Next time you want to bid on Ebay, use an Ebay sniper tool. That way you can tell the sniper software what your highest bidding price is and it will bid for you at the last few seconds of the countdown. i.e., just set the price, and don't worry about checking up on the current bid price of the auction. :cool2:
    It's a very effective tool for winning bids. Trust me. :D

4. Lawn Sharks

I actually have an account with EZsniper that I love. Used it many times to get stuff. I just got boneheaded on this one. Was planning on playing some online games and then checking on it before going to bed. If the bidding wasn't out of control I was going to putting a snipe on it before bedtime. Fell asleep on the couch before any of that took place (LCO disease). Doh!

:realmad:

5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

But I didn't have the coin.. :( .. That was a steal too..

6. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been on both ends, receiving good deals on ebay and selling things for good deals. When I am the seller I hate it when people "snipe". I had an item that should have easily went for $400, it went for $235, with dozens of bids in the last 60 seconds, but those dozens of bids only raised the price about $15 from where it was before the last 60 seconds. It really ticked me off, I almost wanted to re-nig, but I didn't actually lose money, i just didn't get nearly as much as I wanted. For the price that I let the item go, I would've rather kept it for myself. If people would actually enter the amount of their maximum bid right from the beginning, items would go at a fair price, more often. I don't snipe when I am the buyer, but I have been bumped up and bumped off by snipers. I hate it when I lose an item worth $100's by $.01. I've started setting my maximum bids at odd numbers like $101.03.

7. Lawn Sharks

This is an old argument that I respectfully disagree with you on. What is the difference between me sitting at my computer and putting in a bid for the most that I would pay for an item in the last few seconds and sniping software that does it for you? Nothing that I can see except that I can be doing other things.

The fact is that an item will sell for whatever the market will bear at that moment in time. If you felt should have easily sold for 400 then you should put a $375 reserve on it and if it didnt go relist the item.

If you don't snipe that is fine. It isn't snipers that are beating you it is the fact that someone entered a bid higher than you. Highest bid wins if it was entered by a machine or a human.

I am not trying to argue with you but highest bid wins. Period.

8. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I Bought 3 of the Proline/Suzukis before they Were Discontinued Last Year...There Never Was nor Will there Ever Be a Better 21"....I Get about 10,000 Lawns out of a Suzuki and No Maint. eXcept Air Cleaner & Wheels & Gearbox Grease.

RIP Suzuki.

9. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Where do I get this ebay sniping software?

10. BALDEAGLE

BALDEAGLE LawnSite Member

auctionsniper.com