1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ouch! Scag Cougar discharge tube $100

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by PM Baker, Jan 23, 2005.

1. PM Baker

PM Baker LawnSite Member

Without asking for the price, I special ordered from the local dealer, the 8" I.D. discharge tube, Scag 482076, for my Cougar. Saw it on RCPW for $49, so, I assumed that was the price, since all the other parts for which I had a price from the local dealer, were in line with RCPW. WRONG!!! the Scag dealers price was $100. I had them double check, and they said their cost was $67. OUCH!

I'm new to this area, so I don't have the options all lined up yet. In my home town, I would have taken this hose to Amazon Hose and Rubber (5 minutes from my house), and they would have matched the hose and sold me the 20" piece of hose for under $20.

Anyone have this hose identified? If not, I'll be taking it to Amazon in 2 weeks when I go down to my home town.
  2. PM Baker

PM Baker LawnSite Member

Took the old discharge hose to Amazon Hose in Miami. They identified the hose as Part Number RFH+8, description 8" diameter Duct Hose. The lenght required to match the Scag part is 16" long. The cost was $8.50 per foot, or about $13 total cost. $13 versus Scag's $100!