Ouch

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by gcbailey, Jul 18, 2013.

1. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

Don't know what they were, but they sure hurt. My ear and neck is just as bad.... My arm started swelling and going numb. I don't know if that was from tripping and falling down a 15' embankment and rolling (must have been a fun sight). Ended up going to the medexpress and getting a shot of decadron.

First time this embankment has been cut this year. Waist high weeds, thistle, thorns, you name it. I never saw or heard anything over the brush cutter.

arm-1.jpg

arm-2.jpg

2. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I hate them Lil Bastards. They tore us up pretty good while I was deployed at Fort Hood in June 04'.

4. gcbailey

from WV

I don't have a clue... I usually get stung several times a year, but this is the first time I've ever had a reaction.

5. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

looks like poison ivy.

Dave...

6. gcbailey

from WV

It does, but there wasn't any around. We checked the bank first. You can't tell in the pic, but there's about 15 little black zit sized sting marks through the rash area.

7. Caddyshack Lawn Care

Caddyshack Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Never mind the rash. I'm envious of how clean your truck floor is.

8. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Sure looks like Poison Ivy rash. If you felt immediate discomfort then it may have been Stinging Nettles. PI usually take several hours to show...

9. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

10. C & T Landscaping

C & T Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Agree with the above. I got hit bad with it about a month and a half ago and still have the marks on my arm. Was painful enough for me to contemplate going to the hospital.

I got mine when my brother and I were driving down the road when it was raining and a tree blocked the road, we got out to clear it and I got it, at first I thought I scraped myself (immediate pain) and didn't bother with it, until I got in the truck and said, this crap hurts...looked at it and it was red, swollen and painful. Stayed like that for about a week, slowly feeling better. Screw that stuff.

This is about 20hrs after the sting

995071_610256905651711_2088062807_n.jpg