Our best yet

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by thill, Jan 6, 2007.

1. thill

thill LawnSite Member

Just finished this job. It is the biggest we have done to date and we think it turned out pretty well. Just had to post a pic. Tell us what you think.

I guess I should add: the house is 23 years old. We just did the steps, walls, columns, rails, etc.

Tom

DOE 1.jpg

2. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

It looks great. do you have any more pics?

3. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

thin set stone is something that I would like to learn more about, did you start off with a cinderblock wall and then thinset a veneer stone to it or is you stone a cultured stone large enough to build the wall of it alone?

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Nice work !

If you have some before and after photos, you should review your figures, then run a great big ad in the States Man. You should be booked for a long long time.

5. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Nice job! Keep up the good work.

6. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Looks good.......any more pictures?

I would rethink the stepping stones..........something larger. You could even construct them as individual little patios if you think about it. Leaving space between and still gain a similar affect allowing something to grow between and break up the hardscape a little to keep it from being overbearing, if that is a concern.

7. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks awesome . Would like to see some in progress pics. Looks like cultured stone veneer.

8. thill

thill LawnSite Member

Thanks for the kind words. I do have more pics (about a zillion) but have to downsize them for uploading on this site. I will get that done and would love to put a few pics more up.

The walls are double sided cut native stone (Texas of course) with concrete and steel between the two walls. Most blocks were 4-5" wide and 4, 6, 8" tall.

We didn't want to make the curve radi using concrete block.The caps are watersawed limestone. I am not familiar with the term cultured stone??? Can some one educate this old redneck?

The ugly stepping stones are very temporary. A flagstone walkway will be going in in early spring. I like the idea of "mini-patios" with green growing between them. Gonna have to play with that one. Thanks