Lawn Care Forum banner

Our Equipment over the years...

1M views 2K replies 352 participants last post by  kawasaki guy 
#1 ·
Not sure what I'm gonna post here...just a bunch of pics I have floating around from over the last few years...

This is what I started with in 2001...two Scags and a landscape trailer...I had been mowing lawns in the neighborhood with a Craftsman rider since I was twelve...2001 was when i first started to get the ball rolling...

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Window

See less See more
#10 ·
Wow!
What part of the business makes you the most money?
The best profit margins for us are in the winter doing snow...our Irrigation work used to be a great source of revenue but that has sharply declined over the last two seasons as the economy has slowed down...our hydroseeding/lawn installations usually treats us well when the work is there...but things are not as good as they once were with this economy...my favorite time of year is blowing out sprinkler systems in the fall...I feel like that is where we make the most money in a 10hr work day...

So I guess I didn't really answer your question very well...but I tried! hahha

#11 ·
Nice...

I've been inspired to start working on organizing my shop and trailers!!

You should see how unorganized my irrigation supplies are right now... :cry::hammerhead::dizzy:
I know what you're saying!!!!! When I started doing irrigation work the back of my pickup looked like a bomb went off...boxes of crap everywhere...shovels...pipe...fittings...ugggggggh...it used to drive me crazy so we did this up one winter & our efficiency has gone through the roof as you can imagine... :dancing:

#13 ·
This is how we do our leaves nowadays...I hated sucking up leaves more than anything...using our Bobcat is so much quicker! People always say that the vacs mulch them up...which is true...but you can use the bucket and squash down the pile in the truck to compress them easily. I'll challenge anyone to a race...wet leaves...dry leaves...bring it on!!!!!!! :usflag:

Tire Plant Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate

#17 ·
Man, I love your trailer that you haul your loader on! I want to put underbody boxes on ours but they would be really shallow.. Can I offer some constructive critisism? When you tied down your loader, put the bucket flat...
Those underbody boxes are great...we carry all of our rakes, shovels, tools, you name it...its in there...or is supposed to be!! I hear ya on the bucket...thanks...

#20 ·
Say, how old is the yanmar? Any plans on upgrading?
The Yanmar is an oldie but a goodie...it definitely gets its fair share of use...but it still hasn't made it to the top of the upgrade list with all the other things...only can do what the checkbook will let me...

I believe its from the 80's sometime...i really don't know the year off hand. It'll do in a pinch though!

#21 ·
The Yanmar is an oldie but a goodie...it definitely gets its fair share of use...but it still hasn't made it to the top of the upgrade list with all the other things...only can do what the checkbook will let me...

I believe its from the 80's sometime...i really don't know the year off hand. It'll do in a pinch though!
Any machine is better than a shovel! I was just curious, you never usually see a machine that old still running in good condition..

#22 ·
Man, I like you logos. They are awesome. I also like the summit sign in the building! I would have to say very very nice. Maybe I will get there someday... Good luck man.

#26 ·
wow man looks like you have grown alot since 2001. Really like the setup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.